Join the APFC Team! We have one open position at this time.
To apply, please email your Cover Letter AND Resume to us at: Info@APartnershipForChange.org
We will only consider candidates who provide a cover letter and who possess the requisite experience and qualifications listed below.
Program Manager, PowerBack
Part-time Hours: 28 hours per week, flexible. However, you must be available within school hours (7:45am-4pm), when necessary.
Location: On location at school sites, and at our office in Clark, NJ.
Salary: $40 per hour
Benefits: Paid Time Off (10 days in Year One) plus 12 paid holidays per fiscal year (July-June). We do not provide health insurance.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced person to manage our PowerBack teen dating abuse program. This is an exceptional opportunity to conduct outreach to high school students and to provide counseling support to teens who are victims of dating abuse or who are exposed to domestic violence at home. Be a part of our team and truly make a difference in the lives of young people in NJ.
- Conduct outreach presentations at high schools in northern and central NJ.
- Prepare teens to be peer leaders via monthly presentations in small group settings.
- Support peer leaders in developing and implementing a school-wide awareness event.
- Plan and conduct school-wide teen forums on dating abuse (reaching 150-200 students in each forum).
- Attend other community-based activities to disseminate information and resources on teen dating abuse.
- Provide individual counseling sessions to teens who come forward for support within any of the program components.
- Oversee PowerBack social media accounts and conduct presentations for our Instagram Live Series.
- Attend APFC staff meetings, trainings and professional development courses, as requested.
- Submit monthly reports (timesheet, travel report, narrative and statistics).
- MSW or Masters in Counseling is REQUIRED.
- MUST have at least TWO years of experience in providing support to victims of dating abuse or domestic violence.
- Dynamic public speaking skills and comfortable speaking to large audiences is required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and social media platforms.
- Proactive, problem-solver, professional, and ability to connect with teen audience.
- Must have strong writing skills and must be organized, responsible and punctual.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to schools and cart program materials.
APFC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws that prohibit discrimination in all forms.